Friday, March 9, 2012

I will be working in DC and living in Virginia for 10 weeks this summer. The W-4 I fill out for my federal taxes, is it the same in VA or do I fill out a diff one? Which form do I fill out for the state taxes. Am I excempt from any payments, since I will filling out so many (I also file local taxes because I will still be a Puerto Rican recident)?|||First, your employer should provide you with any forms that you need to complete. It's their responsibility.

Second, you only need to complete one W-4. It covers both federal and state.

Whether you'll be exempt from 'any payments' depends on a lot of factors that you didn't mention in your post. Perhaps the HR department of your employer can help.|||You will fill out a VA form (VA-6 i beleive). Your employer will give you one. Since you will be a resident of Virginia for more than 30 days, you will have to file a part year income tax return (VA-760) for 2006. The income you earn in VA will not be subject to tax in PR, or you will be able to take a credit against the taxes paid to VA. You will not be subject to any DC taxes either since DC cannot tax non-residents and does not have a "commuter tax" like NYC. Enjoy DC this summer, you are going to have a blast.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment