Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I recently received a speeding ticket from Virginia for going 80mph in a 70mph zone. I have a Florida license. Does anyone know the best way to avoid receiving points? I really don't want my insurance premiums to go up.|||In Florida, you can take an online course or rent a video at Blockbuster/Hollywood Video and take a written exam to avoid getting points on your license. It doesn't matter where you got the ticket. Google it, but make sure the site you use is accredited. It will give you a certificate to print out when you're done that you send to the clerk of court office where you live (the official city on your license). You can contact your local clerk of courts office and they should be able to help you find an appropriate site to take the test - or it might have a link on their website. Just search for your county and "clerk of court." It doesn't matter that you got the ticket elsewhere, just that you live in Florida. If you are a Florida resident, then Florida is completely in charge of whether or not points are put on your license.

The test is super easy, costs about $40 and takes about 4 hours. You can take it up to once per year to not get points on your license.|||Now that they do everything electronically, the states are sharing this type of information. I can tell you, I received a really bad ticket in a construction zone in Georgia with a Florida license, and I kept the same insurance and they never found out about it, because they didn't look, as long as I paid my premiums on time and didn't change my address or anything.|||Pay the fine or go to court. Yes, you'd have to go to court in Virginia, but maybe they will let you take traffic school in Florida.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment